What really happened in Libya? Oh, where to begin, because who wants to think about where this will end? We've still got Syria. And Egypt is only getting started.
First of all, to compare the Benghazi massacre and the White House's subsequent cover-up(s) to Watergate is to make all of this unbearably and offensively picayune. So, please, no more of that. Much worse than Watergate, and fearsomely I hope to transmit, it's as big as the world.
My executive summary? The White House -- as part of its Muslim outreach/appeasement
We had to get those RPGs and other bad things back from the radical Islamists we'd armed and who were now in power. And by golly, do it fast, said the Prez. I'm running a presidential campaign here. Step on it.
So we duly and dutifully -- and, some might say, unmercifully -- sent a SEAL team over to Libya on a super-secret covert mission to recover these weapons and save the world. (Sadly, I'm not being melodramatic. And if you want to quibble whether these heroes were current or former SEALs, we're already joined on the relevant issues, so never mind.)
Chris Stevens -- only just appointed as our Ambassador to Libya in May -- was in Benghazi to assist. He immediately realized the fans were spinning wildly; his embassy's walls were covered in it.
Stevens begged for more security. His frantic beseechings were inarguably well-informed and widely ignored. Instead, the White House (oops, sorry, Uncle Joe -- I meant the
Apparently the White House deemed our covert weapons recovery mission more important. Extra security would surely have alerted the radical Islamists that something was up, that perhaps our SEALs were about to pay them a friendly little visit.
So, after weighing the costs, it seems Obama determined that secretly recovering the weapons -- weapons we should have never given these crazies in the first place -- was more important than Chris Stevens's life.
Because if Obama's weapons mission failed, you see, well, then, things could get dicey. And very egg-on-the-facey. And that just wouldn't do.
But it all went to hell anyway, as we very well now know, when our embassy was attacked. The nearby SEALs heard and ran to the battle to save Ambassador Stevens and other embassy personnel, but they, too, were killed.
Result? Our covert weapons mission was blown and the radicals still have our weapons. Worse, Islamic radicals across the world are now crazily emboldened.
Yet we wonder why the FBI couldn't get into Libya for weeks? Still some are befuddled why the White House scrambled to cover all of this up?
Now, I don't claim to have put this all together. Oh, to be so clever. No, I saw it here and there and lots of other wheres. But the theory did sound a bit radical so I decided to do some research and see what claims, if any, I could verify on my own.
I wondered if the theory was not only plausible, but documented elsewhere in "neutral" media reports. Yes. And, yes.
The pieces of the jigsaw puzzle indeed fall into place, fully corroborated -- at least in my view -- by "respected" media outlets:
* Clinton said she asked Chris Stevens to be our special envoy to the Libyan rebel forces, early on in the uprising against Qaddifi.
* Our national security advisor -- Tom Donilon -- said the US considered the Libyan rebels "civilians" and the US had a mission to "protect" them.
* The Guardian reported on Obama's secret request that the Saudis arm the Libyan rebels on behalf of the U.S. (the US would of course foot the bill). The brilliant plan was designed to leave no US fingerprints.
* The New York Times verified as much, reporting US and NATO forces were intensely coordinating the rebels' military actions.
* ABC reported that at least one of the SEALs killed defending our embassy was there on a mission to recover weapons.
* CBS reports that our military could have intervened and saved, or at least tried to save, our Ambassador and others. But Obama (sorry again, Joe; I mean the State Department) did nothing. Nothing but listen to the attack on a live, real-time audio feed, that is.
* Yes, Gadaffi was atrocious. But he was our atrocious; the U.S. had him under control.
* Now, thanks to our open-arms appeasement policy, the radical Islamists are taking over. Everywhere.
One result is an almost unfathomable suppression of women's rights. Sharia law is now embedded into Egypt's draft constitution on the eve of its adoption. Hillary, champion of women's rights? It's 3AM time. Pick up the phone.
Credit: AP/Daily Mail
Just days ago, the Taliban shot two Pakistani girls who merely demanded an education. Mr. President, you called Sandra Fluke, as I recall; her feelings were hurt after she was parodied for demanding free $9.00/month birth control. Have you called Malala or Kaitan yet? They're really and seriously hurting.
* The world is now swirling in an utter shit-storm because of Obama's incredibly
Obama, in his arrogance, imagined he could charm the pants off of radical Islamists with his charismatic, multi-culti open arms; he thought that if we were nice to them, they'd be nice to us.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. These guys are not rational, Mr. President, even if they do flagrantly sip on fragrant frappes. Wake up and smell the jihad.
With all due respect and earnest prayers for a pardon, I trust you'll forgive me when I borrow a line from the evil insurance adjuster in Grisham's novel Rainmaker. It went something like, "You are stupid, stupid, stupid!"
In other news, President Obama opted to appear on "The View" rather than meet with Israel's Netanyahu. As for a one-on-one with Iranian President Cray Cray? No problemo. A meeting -- for just the two of them -- is already in the works.
But let's not jump to conclusions here. Maybe Obama is working on a Psychiatry degree or something.
Meanwhile, the Middle East boils like a cauldron, a veritable witches' brew. Has this all hit home yet? It appears so to me. Happy Halloween.
Copyright © 2012, www.lawyermommusings.blogspot.com. All rights reserved.